Wednesday 16 November 2011

2011-07-25

Yesterday Emily’s mother came to the hospital. Emily is a 2 years-old girl with tracheotomy due to the “Ondine’s Curse” (www.emilkowo.pl). My mammy spoke with her mother before about feeding children on respirator. She brought two dummies for me, so that I will be able to learn eating. The doctor said that we can start to learn sucking. She put her finger in my mouth and said that my tongue works so there is a chance that I will learn to eat normally. Yesterday I tried with my father’s finger and dummy, but it will take time as I always have eaten only through a probe. What is more everything that comes near my mouth frightens me because of often intubations. Today I slept all day. The nurses say that I am an utterly different child when my parents are absent. I feel safe with them. I weigh 3840g. Yesterday I was wearing my pink dress for the first time. I looked like a little princess. But my parents forgot to take the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment