Wednesday 16 November 2011

2011-07-30

Last days passed peacefully, so there is nothing to write about. On Thursday doctor decreased the pressure on respirator of 1 mmH2O more. She said that if I don’t learn to eat until I have tracheotomy they will make me a PEG (Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy in which a tube is passed into a patient's stomach through the abdominal wall) so that I will be able to eat through a tube. Mum said they will not agree and showed her how eagerly I suck a dummy. The doctor said it’s an easy reflex and I have to practice nevertheless of fear of anything that comes to my mouth. Yesterday clinical speech therapist called my mum and told her to make a massage of my tongue and palate. But it will be difficult as due to constant 5-month intubation I have a gouge in it. It hurts me when it’s touched. I hope it will heal. But still it’s amazing that so many people care about me and want to help me. Together with my parents we are very grateful

No comments:

Post a Comment