Saturday 9 July 2011

2011-05-07

A day full of adventures has ended. First I was transported in ambulance to the airport, then I flied by plane and then again went in ambulance to the Centre of Polish Mother’s Health Institute in Lodz. I am glad that mummy was with me all the time. Daddy has come by car. Doctors from Gdansk did they best to prepare all things concerning my journey. I would like to thank very much all doctors and nurses from Gdansk for these 94 days spent under their care. At the Intensive Care Ward in Lodz is a lot going on. There are two other children lying with me in the same room, also with heart problems. My parents spend with me only few minutes because of all this confusion. Let’s hope that tomorrow will be better… The nurses said I am a very absorbing patient. I am very restless, but it’s not unusual after so many attractions! Due to the fact I have very high parameters on respirator. A new thing for me is that I am lying in open incubator now. In this way I can see and hear everything that happens around. There is however also bad information, which worried my parents. A problem in my central nervous system has been confirmed in the form of agenesis of Corpus Callosum which is lack of connection between cerebral hemispheres. After Sunday it will be examined whether it is partial or complete. All other examination will be done next week too. I must get use to new place first and hospital staff have to get to know me.

No comments:

Post a Comment