Wednesday 6 July 2011

2011-05-02

I finished 3 months today! Unfortunately the laser treatment couldn’t be done. However I was on a “trip” to the hospital at Zaspa and back again ;) but after a 1,5-hour debate and consultations with hospital director it was decided that I cannot be under full narcosis because there is too great risk that I will not survive and this treatment doesn’t save my life but only helps to improve health. My parents went through a nightmare… It is very badly with my eyes. I have stage 3+ of retinopathy. Only 2 days ago I had stage 2. It means that the disease develops very quickly. Ophthalmologist who was about to do the treatment said that if another trial won’t be undertaken in 2-3 days time there will be only 10% of chances that I will see anything… The plan is to make photocoagulation along with catheterization under one narcosis when I will be in Lodz. Asked by my parents, the doctors phoned to Lodz again, but there are still no free beds. They say they will call every day. My parents are very worried what will happen with my eyes if tomorrow or the day after I will not be transported to Lodz.

No comments:

Post a Comment