Tuesday 7 June 2011

2011-04-23

I weigh 1740g. The doctor fulfilled his plan yesterday. When mum came to me a great surprise met her, I breathed without the respirator, connected to Infant Flow CPAP. I didn't have a very high saturation, but I was doing well. Unfortunately later I had to be given eye drops every 20 minutes – which is very unpleasant – in order to widen pupils. Then visit of the ophthalmologist (doctor which examine eyes). I was very anxious. I cried. Even my voice was heard, because I was without the tracheal tube. It turned out that with my eyes it is very bad … I have retinopathy of prematurity. Next week a control awaits me again and then will be made a decision about the treatment, being aimed at stopping the further progression of the disease. At night unfortunately, after so hard a day, I didn’t have the strength to breathe any more. Saturation was falling and doctor made a decision to return to the respirator. It worried very much my parents who came to me and saw the respirator and my low parameters. Let us hope that doctor will soon give me another chance  to try to breathe on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment