Monday 6 June 2011

2011-03-26


It’s me again, little Mary . I weigh 1320 g today. Slowly, but I grow. Unfortunately I am breathing through the respirator again. The third time I hold out for almost 70 hours, then for half a day I was on respirator and next I was transferred to CPAP for the fourth time. I managed to stay on it more than 3 days, but unfortunately I had to go back to the respirator, because I had a very serious fall. At the moment doctors don't want to try again. I have still weak gasometry. About 70 mmHg of carbon dioxide, though it still better than 2 days ago when I had over 100. On respirator I have 39 breaths and 60% of oxygen. And I am taking 92% back. Yesterday my doctor thought that we would say goodbye, because it was very badly with me, but then I demonstrated to everyone again, how much I want to live. Doctors are also very much surprised how I managed to be on CPAP at all, since my heart expanded and it is so huge that it is filling the entire chest, and lungs are very underdeveloped. But somehow I breathed … I am strong … Mrs. Z comforted my mum, that they will mature yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment