Sunday 10 July 2011

2011-05-16

Today my parents had a lot of serious conversations with cardiologists and cardiac surgeons. All of them agree that at this stage of my life surgery intervention is not needed. These are good news. It occurred that my heart defect developed in a specific way, instead of pulmonary artery I have 7 or 8 little vessels coming out from aorta which supply lungs with enough blood. However, I must be under observation whether with my growth the vessels will grow proportionately. If not, my skin will get a blue or purple coloration (Cyanosis). Maybe in 2 or 3 months I will have another angiography in order to check it. It has also been confirmed that I don’t breath on my own only because my lungs are in a very bad condition. But the lungs won’t improve if respirator parameters will be still so high. And they cannot be decreased because I am not able to breathe efficiently. A vicious circle… But my parents don’t lose their hope. Professor said that the chances are low but still are.
My parents had to go to Gdansk in the evening. I am very sad. Before they went mammy was hugging me for a long while. I look forward to their coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment